Thursday, October 29, 2009

So confusing...

four weeks ago I went to my midwife and she and another midwife decided that I was having a girl. I went in again today, and my midwife was feeling a bit unsure of herself b/c yesterday a lady had a baby that she thought was going to be a girl, but it was a boy. So, she said, let's check again....hmmm...."oh" she gasped, "I think it's a boy". I said "oh boy" and for some reason had this urge to laugh really hard. So, yeah, now I feel a bit like I don't know what I'm having, even though it's very likely that it's a boy. I told James and he said that it's a boy for sure. hehehe I just feel weird now, and don't really feel like thinking about the gender right now. I just figure we better get woprking on a boy name. So that's my news for the day, or week, or until I get back on here again.

Oh yeah, and I found out that I've gained only 4 pounds if I go by my prepregnancy weight, but 7 pounds if I count after I lost a few when I first got pregnant. I am becoming amazed at how different each pregnancy has been so far. I even have different aches and pains! That sounds silly, but it's true.

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

lol...a boy it is then. your poor midwife...how humiliating!

The Mom said...

Unless you have a very very clear ultrasound/sonogram or an amnio it is never certain what a baby will be till it arrives.

I've had a few friends who were quite shocked to see the "wrong" gender baby be born. Get working on the boy names :-)
Love
Henrietta