Tuesday, November 11, 2008

can't think of a title

On Saturday I went to some yard sales with the girls. I almost didn't go, but decided to at the last minute. Now I'm very glad I went. I got a crib and matress for only $25.00! I also got 4 books for $2.00. Some people might find big thick books on "nutritional healing" and "natural cures" to be quite boring, but I enjoy reading such things. :-) I also got 2 "what to expect..." books. I was reading in one last night and laughing as I read about the sixth month in the book, What to Expect the First Year. They were talking about a method of getting your little one to sleep through the night for "softhearted or weaknerved parents". I was laughing at this "program" called Systematic Awakening because I've done it since Cameron was born and never thought anything of it. Why do books always make up fancy names for normal things? Anyway it's pretty much just taking care of the baby (feeding, diaper change etc) before he wakes up crying for it. Then he stays asleep. Oh, I guess I'm a softhearted weaknerved parent. Oh well, I don't see any reason for Cameron to cry more than he has to. By the way, talking about sleeping, I'm so thrilled, Cameron did not cry at all when I put him in his new crib for all his naps yesterday, and for the night. I am so glad, he now knows how to totally get to sleep on his own and he cries if I hold him instead of putting him in his bed. This is very nice except at church when he needs a nap.

I'm not babysitting any more. I think this will be a nice break.

Sorry to all you folks who find this very boring. You didn't have to read it. :-)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey, u didn't even post a photo of your new crib! I'd like to see it! :)

Didn't realise you were one of the girls that went garage shopping. :) I'd like to sometime, but it's just too hard to get in and out of the car w/ my Claire *and* Callen!

I just bought Claire a toddler bed. It's white. Basically, the crib and mattress are the same style and colour.

Do you like your new crib? What colour is it? In other words, post a photo, hun! :D

~Stephaniesmith1008@gmail.com ;-)

thedude said...

Finally, a new post! And of course it was interesting, that's why I read it! Don't you just love the chaos on my blog? Soo frustrating.

Give my "howdy" to Cameron, please.

Sharon said...

That's nice that you don't have to babysit any more...if I only had to babysit one, I would feel like I was on vacation. :) I usually have two girls all day, plus one girl for three hours, plus my own two of course. But that's how I make a living, and it's a lot better than putting my kids into daycare, obviously.

Evelyn said...

Ooh,I'm jealous you would never find a crib and mattress for $25 over here...it would be more like £50 or more... *sigh* would lvoe one of those three sided crib things, they seem to be ideal for the first few months in a babies life one day... :)